Or a BROAD traveling!!!

This year I am going to blog a year in the life of a road warrior. Follow me as I make my way around the roads and skies.


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sales means being fast on your feet

 I left for Harrisburg PA very early on Monday morning.  Although getting in on time and by the time I'd retrieved my luggage and gotten my little Versa to drive my GPS was telling me I was going to be a minimum of 45 minutes late for the appoint I had set.  Somerset was easily a 2 hours drive so I contacted the customer.

So now it's after two and I check my phone to see my favorite crane company here in PA needs help so I call and tell them I'm in PA and 45 minutes later I'm sitting in their office trying to unravel the information they are working with today.

Being fast on your feet happens a lot when you're in sales.  Weather and/or other unexpected issues can slow down your arrival and causing plans to change at a moment.

Here is some of the 'glamour' of sales tripping.  Alarm goes off at 5am. 5:45 on my 1 hour drive to the airport.  Check in. Security.  Get dressed again. Grab a coffee.  Fly to Cleveland. And fly to Harrisburg.  Get a car. Hit the road. Change appointments. (Note at no time in here was there time for any lunch). Three hours later I find a restaurant for supper (as I've found, it's so much easier to eat before going to the hotel). Check in and arrive in my room at 8:30pm.  Two and a half more hours of paper work before going to bed.

One of the great parts of flying someplace further south then where I live is everything is in bloom here in PA.  So wonderful.  From my room in Edison NJ I can see the Garden State Pkwy and bridge and a small piece of the Atlantic Ocean.  The fog rolling in last night reminded me of the Langoliers.

Also gas here is....reasonable. AND they pump the gas for you!!





No comments:

Post a Comment